NTLK Re: HWR Weirdness

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 14:44:37 EST

>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:10:31 -0800
>From: Chris Georges <georges4@gte.net>
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>Subject: HWR Weirdness
>
>For the past few weeks, the HWR on my UMP2K has been sporadically giving
>me trouble. I first noticed it as a _long_ pause while writng anything,
>where the "bulb" icon would show up at the top of the screen, and
>nothing I wrote while the icon was there would appear on the screen --
>unless it did, and in that case, there was no rhyme or reason as to what
>would translate, and what wouldn't.

Chris- This sounds like a piece of grit has gotten under the case and is
causing the screen to believe it is being "touched" when it is not. To
clean under the case, cut an old NuShield to about one half inch wide and
three inches long. Slide this under the case and use it to push out any
grit by moving it around all the sides of the case and pushing out any
dirt that may be there. Then, put back in the NuShield you have on the
Newton to protect it from any more grit.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.voicenet.com/~markr13> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com