Re: NTLK What GPS

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 06:04:21 EST

William Hills schrieb:
> Teletype still markets a GPS moving map program for the Newton. The maps
> are not
> terribly detailed, but it still fun to use. I don't have their web-site
> offhand, but I'm sure
> they'll easy to find.
The Teletype GPS program for the Newton supports vector based maps. That
is nice because of the small memory consumption but bad if you look for
map sources. Vector maps are based on the source code, owned by the map
making companies and thus expensive. Another easy way to get anything
into the Newton and use it as a moving map is the GPSmap program. Just
yesterday could I get it to re-program my Jupiter GPS to output only two
string sets (GGA and RMC) and thus get the map more frequently updated
than with all possible (7) GPS strings.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand