[Fwd: NTLK UK Newbie]

From: Thomas A Kinga (thomas.kinga@inet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 07:05:04 EST

attached mail follows:

Shaun, Hi

The price is not too bad, depending on what you really need.
eg:
16mb flash card £45
power supply: any home psu can be used as I use one.
pcmcia-modem card from aries/watford electronics: £50

Best to find a basic unit for around £250 (MP2100), then use the
saved diffrence to get what you really need.

keyboards are hard to find, but batteries are still available from
a company in france, who still produce 3rd party newton accesories.
I found a company here in Crawley who have just ordered for me
the "newton to pc" serial cable.

FIND THE CHEAPEST EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU NEED,
MAIL ME FOR A LIST OF AVAILABLE PARTS, I'LL GET ONE FROM THE SHOP HERE IN CRAWLEY,
BINGO, SAVE MONEY.

THE GAME HERE IS PATIENCE,
HARD I KNOW.

I nearly parted with £100 for a pcmcia-modem. (pc-world, huhh)

Best of luck
Tom

scm@enterprise.net wrote:

> Thomas A Kinga <thomas.kinga@inet.com> wrote:
>
> >I just bought my mp2000 from a private seller in loot, there's always some newtons
> >on sale in the loot. The first place you can try is www.loot.com and search for
> >newton, message pad, messagepad......etc under computers->palmtops, everyone selling
> >a newton have their own defination, so you may need to rack you brain for as many possible
> >names as you.
>
> Had a look. 3 adverts. Only one is viewable without subscribing - I'll check again in a day or two after the subscriber timeout. Is £500 a good price for ...
>
> "Newton Message Pad 2100, upgraded, modem, rechargeable battery, power supply, keyboard, case, 6Mb flashcard"
>
> Seems a lot.
>
> Shaun

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com