Re: NTLK Newt Sync Rant / Suggestions Pls

From: Keith Isley (kisley@dwx.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 09:04:43 EST

This is so true. I sync regularly with my Gateway Windoze machine at work,
and have had very few problems. Right now, I'm using Sidekick 95 - which is
available legally and free for download at www.pcplus.co.uk - with NCU and I
really like it. Calendar and to dos sync flawlessly using the Sidekick for
Windows settings, and Notes and address book listings can be moved to/from
Sidekick with a little tweaking (saving dummy files in the old Sidekick for
Windows format, then synching to them and opening the changed files back
into Sidekick).

Since I'm not constantly updating my notes or addresses, it's a minor
inconvenience compared to the flawless (and lightning-fast) calendar/to do
synching - much better than Act! for Newton, which drove me nuts because of
its GLACIAL speed on an MP 130 and its nasty habit of not carrying complete
appointment info over to the Newt.

KAI

> (NCU synchronizes fast, near flawlessly, without
> compromises with Lotus Organizer 2.0 (which I use) and the other PC-based
> PIMs......

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com