NTLK Re: NCU failures; EtherNet card for eMate

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:17:57 EST

>Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 23:16:51 -0500
>From: Doug Knowles <dknowles@mediaone.net>
>To: NewtonTalk <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
>Subject: NCU failures; EtherNet card for eMate
>
>Hi, all,
>
>Two questions:
>
>1) Sometime after upgrading my PowerMac to OS 8.5 and 8.6, I can't use
>NCU to back up my eMate via serial cable. Initially, NCU complained
>that the Communications Toolbox was missing (I thought this was merged
>into the OS?); after re-installing what I thought was the current
>version of NCU, attempts to synch up fail with a message on the eMate
>that I can't synch to that version of the software. Ring any bells?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Doug Knowles
Doug-

Could you have installed the beta version of NCU without running the
updater? NCU should be at version 1.0 not the beta. If it is, run the
updater and that should fix it. I, nor have others, have not had any
problems with NCU on 8.0 --> 9.0.

As for ethernet, yes this is done successfully by many. I don't have any
recommendations, although I'm sure others on the list do.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com