Re: NTLK NCU 1.0 Won't Synchronize to my Mac?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 03:20:19 EST

On 11/29/99 9:17 AM, Laurent Daudelin
[mailto:laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com] wrote:

>> I created text (with carriage return) files in MS Word 98 and named them
>Notes,
>> ToDo, Names, Dates. When I started the Synchronize process, and I was
>required to
>> associate a file to the application, I could not find the file names in the
>folder
>> I saved them even though the file type was set to "All Files". (I checked,
>they
>> were still there). I also tried saving an empty Notes file in SimpleText,
>but
>> again the synchronize feature would not let me see that file to choose it.
>So,
>> next I tried to export my various types of data (Notes, ToDo, etc) to text
>files,
>> thinking that that would provide me a base file to which I could
synchronize.
> It
>> started the export, then NCU on the Newton shutdown and I got an "Could not
>> complete the export because an error has occurred. (type -1)"

That's because you cannot sync to text files. It has to be one of the
formats such as Claris Organizer, etc that Sync supports. Claris
Organizer is the same as Palm Desktop for Mac, which is avaialable free
on www.palm.com.

You can EXPORT to text or IMPORT from Text, but not sync.

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT