NTLK Re: Lotus Notes will be the death of me...

From: mguzzo@harmac.com
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 07:59:25 EST

jgraham@ivicm.com wrote:

> My company has just switched from Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes R5...
> Does anyone know of a synchronization solution for Lotus Notes
> that works with R5?

I use Cadenza for syncing with my Lotus Notes but I've heard it doesn't
work with
R5 (I'm using 4.6.X). We're switching to R5 next year so I may be in the
same boat.

> Is Lotus Notes R5 the death knell for my use of Newton? Say it ain't so!

It's so. Commontime has removed the Cadenza for Newton download from their
Web site and even took the discussion forums offline. They were getting a
lot
of inquiries for supporting the Newton and to release the source code to
the
Newton community.

Reminds me of the story of the bank who was supporting PC banking.
The manager says, "I must have handled a thousand calls asking for the
Macintosh
version. I told them there isn't enough interest to justify making a Mac
version."

Maybe you could have your sysadmin enable the Domino POP3 server, then you
could
use SimpleMail to retrieve your mail. You wouldn't be able to sync ToDos or
Calendar
but Notes calendaring stinks anyway.

MG

about us at some time. Find out why at: