Re: NTLK GPS

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 13:10:52 EST

ThisOlNewt@aol.com schrieb:
> I got a map or two in my newt with GPS Lite. Works fine even just to have a
> standard map on the newton. But Does anyone use a reciever with their newt?
> what brand and model? any special cables?
I use a Jupiter 12 channel GPS. I bought it as self-making set,
including another board with a TTL to RS232 converter and backup battery
logics. I've put everything into one box and soldered the cable by
myself, using the cable from an old AppleTalk box. As power source I use
10 1.2Volt NiMH cells which give about 12h GPS reception.

> can we use any gps with a mac serial outpot cable then to the newts
> interconnect port?
Yes. It should do not only the binary protocol but the NMEA183 at
4800,n,8,1.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand