Re: NTLK alt.rec?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond@netcom.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 01:15:30 EST

At 12:57 AM -0500 12/8/99, NewtonTalk wrote:
>alt.rec attempts to deal with Rosetta issue #2 by incorporating the use of
>dictionaries into the recognition engine. With alt.rec installed, the
>resultant words are then compared to dictionaries to find the closest match.
> This effectively increases the level of recognition for the Rosetta engine
>and reduces the incidence of "nonsense" words that sometimes result. As we
>say in Oklahoma, "Handy as a front shirt pocket!"

That's exactly what I thought alt.rec was SUPPOSED to do, but when I
use it I don't get the effect. It does show misspelled words if I
have that option ticked, but I still get nonsense words from the
recognizer like "rece.ve>" and "sufc" instead of "receives" and
"safe".

Do I have something set wrong? I am certainly using the printed
recognizer. i think this is a dandy idea and I wish I could try it
out.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

Jeremy Bond Shepherd | There's something about a martini
San Francisco, CA | 'ere the dining and dancing begin.
Internet: jbond@netcom.com | To tell you the truth.
Phone 415-929-0297 | It is not the vermouth.
                             | I think perhaps it's the gin. -Ogden Nash
PGP Public key can be found on most servers.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com