Re: NTLK Farallon Ethernet Card

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 02:32:11 EST

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Bill Davis wrote:

> On 12/7/99 4:46 PM, Peter W Krug [mailto:biopwkx@panther.Gsu.EDU] wrote:
>
> >I've been to Victor Rehorst's Newton Ethernet Card page and I went hunting
> >for the Farallon PN895 card on Farallon's web site. However, searches
> >for PN895 only kept bringing up the PN595 ethernet card. Are these the
> >same card? Yes, I know about the Info-Newt deal.
> >

> But worry not - there are other cards you can use - Victor's page is an
> excellent resource for finding another Ethernet solution for your MP2000,
> 2100 or eMate (the only Newts you can use Ethernet on.) You may also be
> able to find one floating around on eBay or similar auction places. Or
> perhaps NewtonOz might have them from time to time, used; call him and
> check.

Personally, I'd suggest trying to find a D-Link DE-660 - they're cheap,
they've got pretty good distribution in North America, and there's a
driver for them that works!

Quick note: www.microwarehouse.com seems to have them for $45.99.

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
--------President, Computer Science Club of the University of Guelph--------
-------Homepage & Newton stuff: http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/-------
--"He's a sharp little fellow. Talented. Only a little nuts." -M. Dyomin--

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com