Re: NTLK moving files...NIE 2.0

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 07:20:41 EST

> From: Victor Rehorst <victor@gear.torque.net>

> Whoa... this is news to me. I didn't think NIE 1.1 supported all of the
> "plug-in" packages that are needed for Ethernet (specifically, the Newton
> Devices and the NIE Ethernet packages). I don't think there's even an
> option in NIE 1.1's Internet Setup to choose Ethernet as a connection
> option. Has anyone ever tried this?

Hm, somebody is reading something I didn't write.
The goal here was getting the ethernet part in a 2.1 Newton, so I said that
you don't need all of NIE 2.0 to get ethernet to work in that 2.1 Newton (!)
I never said that you'll get them to work in a Newton with system 2.0,
because you won't, just doesn't work, doesn't have the stuff you need in
it's ROM.

Robert Benschop

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com