Re: NTLK Me again

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 11:20:43 EST

"T.E.Hart" wrote:

> To anyone who may help,
> I may just be thick, but I can't get Connection Utilities running
> again. I had it working two days ago, but now it doesn't. I have no idea
> what I did or changed. What should the settings be on each device for
> each relevent bit of software? I am on an MP2000, running system 2.1, I
> select appletalk, it recognizes my laptop, but tells me that this Newton
> device is incompatible with this version of the desktop application (NCU
> 1.0), which can't be true because I have had it working. Connection Kit
> works fine, Package installer works fine, but I need to be able to
> transfer text files.
> The other thing that boggles me is that I have only been able to
> connect via Appletalk. Serial and IrDa don't ever get a response. Why is
> this? Is there a site that will explain the connection process to me...
> slowly and clearly?

Hi Tom,

Usually this message you're getting means that you're somehow trying to
connect your MP2000 to Newton Connection Kit. Now, I know you're mentioning
NCU, but if somehow, NCK was opened first, it may have registered itself on
the AppleTalk network, so that when you try to connect your MP2000, all it
sees is NCK, even if NCU is opened. Just make sure that NCK is not opened.
BTW, you should get rid of it so that you wouldn't open it accidently.

You can also check the Newton Connection FAQ at:

<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/answers.html>.

There is also the Newton general FAQ on This Ol' Newt, but I've been unable
to get to it.

--
-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin