RE: NTLK MP2100 switch on blues

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 12:56:52 EST

Good morning everybody,

>------------------
> >Anything else I could try?
>------------------
>
>My UMP2K does this from time to time. I press & hold the reset
>button until it boots, making sure my modem card is ejected.
>Sometimes it takes a minute or so...

Well, I tried all the suggestions, but nothing seemed to help and I
eventually went for the brain-wipe, after carefully thinning about
"What new data did I add in the last 2 weeks?".
The on-button-hold produced the brain-wipe dialog box on occasion, I
guess this Newton's little mind got himself into a know somewhere.
After I re-inserted my memory card, it had problems there, too and I
landed up having to erase the card as well without getting to it's
info either. After restoring the card the Newton told me that it
looks like this was a brand new card and needs to be erased ....
hmmmm it's working fine again, now .... go figure :)

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht * chrup@earthlink.net

about us at some time. Find out why at: