Re: NTLK mp130 sync (sorta long)

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:17:36 EST

> I have recently borrowed a MP130 from a friend and might purchase it.
> Unfortunately I have yet to be able to sync it with my mac. The MP130 is
> running the 2.0 rom, my mac is running 8.6 with the 1.0 sync software
> (also tried the 1.05 beta). I am using the Palm Organizer 2.5 software
> downloaded from www.palm.com. When I attempt to sync I am told that the
> file is not accessible. I have also tried Palm Organizer 2.1 and the Now
> 3.5 suite and get the same message. Any ideas?

Dave,

What you need to do is make a copy of the "Claris Organizer 2.0" file in the
Intellisync folder in NCU's folder. This file is a blank CO2.0 file, rename
it to anything you want (e.g. "Dave's Datebook", etc...). Using NCU, hit the
synchronize button (making sure you have selected the soups you want to
synchronize (i.e. Dates, Names, ToDos, etc.) in the prefs) and select the
file you just copied and renamed. This will synch your info on your Newt to
the CO2.0 file.

Then, all you need to do is quit NCU and open Palm Desktop. If it opens a
blank, new organizer for you just close it and select File -> Open... and
browse to the file you just sync'd to. Palm Desktop (being simply a later
version of CO2.0) will open the file without changing its file type/creator
code.

The only thing you have to remember when doing future syncs is to close the
file in Palm Instant Desktop (the little menu that gets installed next to
your clock), or NCU won't be able to access the file.

HTH,

Leland Jory

"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com