NTLK Re: PalmTree Glove

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 11:22:49 EST

>Has anyone been using the Glove from PalmTree.
I use it everyday. (at least, I have the one for MP2k)

>It looks great.
Actually, the material is fine, but I'd prefer Nylon.

>I'm wondering if the lid can be opened all the way and
>folded in under the Newton in the same way that the Newton's regular cover
>folds behind it?

The lid opens exactly (and in the same side) like the Newton's reg cover.
However, I removed the cover for (a) the lid is reinforced, (b) I was tired
of opening both.

I have never used the zip for PCMCIA card, for I recieved tonight the first
cards I introduced into my Newton (Mark Braham's 6 megs cards). Besides, I
used NiCd batteries (hence not recharging into the Newton) and I need
therefore to remove the Newton from the glove to recharge them. I no longer
push the reset button, but I release the battery block (thru the zip)
instead. Be warned not to pull the Newton from the little connectors cover:
I broke mine this way, and regluing it requires to open the Newton totally
(I never opened it for fun).

Regards,

Paul

----