Re: NTLK Megahertz 56K

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 23:39:35 EST

Yes, I'd like to try that because this modem don't work with the Megahertz
Cruisecard 28.8 setting or the 28.8 and faster setting. Anyone know how? I
think there a package out there that does this but I don't have it.

Initial test showed that it's not eating up my battery very much faster than
my 33.6 Megahertz modem. But it seems to download long emails slower
(60-100k) while it is super fast for Newtscape and Hemlock. I wonder if it
has anything to do with SimpleMail 4.0 being the culprit. Anyway, 4.0 is in
beta and I'm reporting to Simon Bell everthing I find.

Kenny Song
Penang, Malaysia

> From: newtontalk@planetnewton.com (NewtonTalk)
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:09:20 -0500
> To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
> Subject: newtontalk V1 #185
>

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:46:41 EST
> From: RobertRuff@aol.com
> To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
> Subject: Re: NTLK Megahertz 56K
>
> Kenny,
>
> I'd be intrested to know and occurres to me that battery life might be
> improved if you were to modify a duplicate modem script to connect at 28.8
> and choose the script to connect at the a lower speed depending on battery
> charge or for downloading e-mail and higher speeds for web surfing or when
> the power supply is available and convenient.
>
> Whatdayathink?
>
> RobertRuff
>
> PS. Please post your results if you decide to try it.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com