Re: NTLK Frames in Newtscape

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 05:35:15 EST

>Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:22:00 -0600
>From: "Leland Jory" <ljory@newted.dyndns.org>
>
>I know that NewtsCape does not support frames,

that was true over a year ago (in 2.0a-2 and earlier verions).

>but I just had a passing
>thought for Steve: Would it be possible, when trying to access a page with
>frames, to have a list of the different pages in the frameset come up (as
>links)? That way, the user could select the "index" frame (for instance) and
>still be able to access content on the site.

actually, that is the default behavior if all of the frame prefs are off, i.e.,
Newt's Cape displays a page with just links to the frame parts as separate
documents.

there are various frame preferences to autoload these parts (like autoload
frames), automatically append frames to current document, and even merge
the source into a single document.

so, you can view a framed document as a series of links, or you can view it
as a single document (where each part is a separate section, usually with
H1 tag, navigable via TOC). Newt's Cape does support frames, just not the
traditional flavor where the display gets partitioned into tiny little
panes.

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com