NTLK IrDA - Revisited

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 17:48:26 EST

Hello all, specially developers!

I simply can not get this IrDA thing out of my mind. I have an Apple
PowerBook which has an IR Port and I can route Apple(Local-)Talk over
it. I also have an MP2100 which can speak IrDA and AppleTalk - but
only as EtherTalk over some Ethernet Card or LocalTalk over the
serial interface. How difficult would it be to write a driver to be
able to get the IrDA port on these Newtons to speak AppleTalk? Maybe
I'm just naive and this is an impossibility - if so, who could shed
some light onto the subject as to why this is not going to work.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht * chrup@earthlink.net

about us at some time. Find out why at: