Re: NTLK How you handle attachments?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond@netcom.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 01:23:59 EST

At 12:12 AM -0500 12/18/99, NewtonTalk wrote:
>And what about sending a file from NewtWorks which I want to open in
>Word? There is no way to "save as" and put it into any format like
>RTF or DOC. I do have XPort installed which will send in RTF, but
>that won't send over my ethernet connection, so I'd have to
>disconnect my keyboard to do it, which is a pain. (I know, never
>satisfied...). What options are there (or anre there none?)

X-Port will allow you to e-mail Works documents as RTF streams but
they go out as body text, not as attachments. Your recipients have to
be smart enough to save the e-mail body as a .txt file then rename
the .txt file to a .rtf, then open it in an RTF-compatable
application such as MS-Word.

It would be a really nifty feature enhancement for X-Port to send RTF
as a MIME attachment.

Further, .bmp RTF documents won't open on my PC. They display the
text but not the graphics. PICT RTFs work as expected on a Macintosh.

Cross-platform connectivity with Newton has come a long way, but it's
still missing several crucial elements.

-Jeremy

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com