Re: NTLK OTHER: Cross DigitalWriter!

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 11:28:52 EST

I must second this opinion.

When I first got my MP2K I used the stylus that came with it, without screen
protection. (Very dumb idea)

Over time, my screen became worn in some places, specifically over the
numbers within my password, and the bottom left corner, where I write my
answers using xWordBuddy.

I switched to a Cross Digital Writer, and could not believe the difference.
The tip is so soft that I know it won't do any more damage to the screen.
For a while I also used a Barrier (another great product), but as time wore
on, my MP got a bit dimmer, and using the barrier I always needed the back
light on. I have now discarded the barrier on this MP, but am not worried
about such scratches because
    a. I use the digital writer
    b. I have a spare MP under my bed incase of emergencies.

My advice is to use both a Barrier (or NuShield, as I believe they are now
called) and also a Cross Digital Writer. But if you need to go with one, or
the other choose based on your needs.

The Cross Digital Writer makes writing smooth, and you don't give up the
screen crispness as you would with a screen protector.

A screen protector lets you use any stylus you want, and will protect your
screen from most random accidents.

Loren