Re: NTLK New to NEWT

From: Hobbes (bct1@thestate.infi.net)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 08:21:07 EST

>> 1) How do you get this thing to talk to a PC. I have tried using NBU.
>> This
>> does not seem to work at all. I watched the comms with HyperTerminal and can
>> see that comms are going on. That way I at least know that I have my COM
>> port set up right on the PC. I also tried using NCU this got even less
>> results than NBU. I would like to be able interface with my NEWT but am
>> having less than stellar results!!

>Newton Backup Utilities (NBU) is for devices running Newton OS 2.0
> only. It won't work with your 120 running NOS 1.3. You need to use
> Newton Connection Utilities (NCK) to backup/restore/install packages
> on a NOS 1.3 device.

Almost right.
You need Newton Connection Kit.
You can find it and answers to other questions at my site below.
Later,
ben.
bct1@thestate.infi.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/newton.html
"Was that the end?"
"You call that an ending with practically everyone still on their feet? My goodness no, over your dead body." - Tom Stoppard

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com