NTLK LIST POLICY CHANGE

From: Laura (laurap@ideacast.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 13:14:30 EST

Hi all!

In light of recent complaints about the unsubscribe process, I have made
some changes.

In the past, unsubcribing required the subscriber to reply to a verification
email from the subscribed address. This has proved to be difficult for a
lot of reasons -- users forgetting the subscribed address, users with
incorrectly configured reply to addresses, etc.

To make things easier on all of us, the unsubscribe verification has been
dropped.

NewtonTalk from the left hand nav bar, then scroll to the bottom of the
resulting page and enter the subscribed address in the unsub box and choose
Submit.

Likewise you may also subscribe and unsubscribe via the traditional
manner -- by sending an email address from the subscribed address to
newtontalkrequest@planetnewton.com with the body being

subscribe newtontalk

or

unsubscribe newtontalk

I really didn't want to make the list less secure, but I'm happy to make it
easier for all of you to use.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com