Re: NTLK Re: Got 2+ newtons? Question about Squiggles/Jaggies

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 01:48:08 EST

------
This usually occurs because the screen has some grit caught under the
case. It makes the Newton think that its being "touched" in that spot
continuously and causes HWR problems as well as "squiggles". The
solutions is to take a business card or piece of plastic of that
thickness and run it around the entire case carefully to remove the grit
that may be trapped. That usually fixes the problem.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com
------
Incidentally, if you have a screen protector on, the type that slides into the sides of the screen, you minimise the chance of "squiggles". The only time I had them was when I had no Barrier or NuShields on. The protector narrows the gap at the edge minimising the chance of grit getting under.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton Messagepad/SimpleMail v 3.3.1d1>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com