Re: NTLK modem/restart wierdness

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 23:39:08 EST

------
1. If I try to restart with the modem inserted, the Newton won't restart. I must remove the card & hold in the reset button until it resets.

2. Sometimes, on power up, with the modem inserted, the Newton will display the "wait" icon and power off. After several attempts, the Newton will only power up successfully after the modem is ejected. The problem will go away for a while after a reset, but it always returns eventually.
------
This is a known problem with the XJ1144. The safest way of using the modem would be to insert it into your powered up MP just before use and eject it right after. Make it habitual and you won't notice its shortcomings.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton Messagepad/SimpleMail v 3.3.1d1>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com