NTLK HOW PCMCIA modem and MP2100

From: Josh Burker (Josh_Burker@misd.wednet.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 24 1999 - 16:32:57 EST

Hello all:

      I'm new to all of this, but competent, so hopefully somebody out
there can help me.

     I just bought a MP2100 with an Apollo FM336 28.8/33.6 fax modem.  On
Len's Newton Bookmarks somebody posted saying they were able to use that
particular modem using the Megahertz Cruise 28.8 settings.

     When I try to use SimpleMail 3.3 or Nethopper 3.2 I get the same
error.   Newt's Cape acts like it going to connect but never does
anything.  With SimpleMail or Nethopper, it fails when it is loading the
PPP Driver, giving me a -16022 Internet error (resource not available).
 That error would make me think that maybe I have my modem misconfigured,
but I have gone over it and over it:  the modem is in the right pc slot
(that is, the port physically located on the right side of the MP in
landscape mode) and the setup is the Megahertz Cruise 28.8.  I've also
tried the 28.8 and faster setup.

     I reinstalled NIE 2.0 as well as Apple's Modem Enabler 1.0.

     Interestingly, when I used the US Robotics package to run a serial
modem connection to that modem, I got the same failure.

     Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

     Thanks, and happy holidays!

Josh

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com