Re: NTLK Ethernet/PPP conflict?

From: Peter W Krug (biopwkx@panther.Gsu.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 14:11:57 EST

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Filmer, Paul E wrote:

> Whenever I connect from 'home' worksite using a modem and PPP to pop my
> mailserver, I find that when I go in to work, my 'office' dynamic Ethernet
> setup can no longer talk to the DHCP server. I have modem/PPP access from

I fixed this problem (at least until the IT guys get back from vacation)
by using the IP address that the connection slip previously said I got
from the DHCP server. i set up a new internet setup with it as a manual
IP address. Maybe you can get a static IP address from your sysadmin?

p.s. Our network is a mixed mac/pc network - the macs 'forget' their DCHP
settings when they sleep, so they were all given static IP addresses.
Maybe this won't work on your DCHP server setup if ours is set up
to accommidate this problem.

Peter

Peter W. Krug, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Associate