NTLK ANN Newted Community Announces Soupbox!

From: Stacey Tenen (sysop@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 21:50:15 EST

Hello and Happy New Year to my fellow Newtontalkers!

The Newted Community would like to announce it's latest addition -
the SoupBox - a soapbox without the soap for Newton related articles.
Our first edition of the SoupBox features an article written by yours
truly entitled 'The State of Handheld Computing' where I take a look
at today's handheld computing offerings and examine how they stack up
to the Newton MessagePad.

SoupBox articles will be published regularly and we invite any and
all Newton owners out there to submit their expositions for posting.
We'd all like to hear what you have to say!

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that the Newted Holiday Giveaway is
only two weeks away - we're giving away an excellent MessagePad 100 -
you can find details about how to sign up for the giveaway on our
site. Point your browser to http://newted.dyndns.org and get in on
the fun!

One last note, I've re-analyzed our web presence and converted all of
our graphics to GIF format for easy viewing on any Newton web browser
- thanks for the feedback on this - I hope you enjoy the change.

Warmest Regards,
Stacey Tenen
Sysop of the Newted Community
sysop@newted.dyndns.org