Re: NTLK search a standard login script for NIE 2 Newton 2000

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 00:54:19 EST

On 12/29/99 3:36 PM, absixe@wanadoo.fr [mailto:absixe@wanadoo.fr] wrote:

>i still try to connect my newton 2000 with NIE 2.0
>I search for a login script for a normal ISP connection.

There's no such thing as a "normal" ISP connection. That's why NIE
provides so many examples for various popular service providers in
"Internet Setup"

You'll have to learn enough to write your own if the generic ones
provided don't work. Start with "Generic", "Unix" and "SecurID". The
rest are for specific ISP's in the US and other countries (I don't see
any for France specifically, although a few of the ISP's such as
CompuServe are available in France and other countries as well as the
USA).

Again, if you provide us with the info your ISP provided you to connect
using a PC or Mac (be sure to replace your password or anything else you
are supposed to keep secure with a "fake" word.)

>2nd : are you acquainted with a ICQ newton sofware ?

There is no ICQ software for the Newton. Someone was working on one, but
it never materialized and nothing has been heard from them for many
months.

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT