Re: NTLK newt's fatal flaw

From: Olson, Ray BGI SF (Ray.Olson@barclaysglobal.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 14:02:10 EST

Marco Mailand wrote:
>I would be able to do that work and write an application for both
>platforms. I mean one source code for Mac and Win. Compiled would the
>application become relatively big, but hey, who cares about HD space and
>RAM. I can receive and send serial data streams and can program
>calendar, notes and names appearance including all MoreInfo stuff, BUT I
>can not do much on the Newton side and I do have absolutely NO clue
>about the NOS backup data stream or handshaking procedures nor do I know
>sufficiently much about the major Newton soups, in order to use them as
>they are.

>That sounds good, if there is a need for a Newton program at all. I
>think the major lack is at the desktop side. Which program has all the
>features of the Newton? I miss so many things, like MoreInfo links or
>multiple clipboards with the easiness of NOS on my WinNT box and also
>some on my Mac and that keeps me using my Newton as more or less
>standalone device.

I would gladly pay 40 - 60 dollars to have this application as I use
Microsoft Outlook every day. Outlink only gets me about 40% of sync
capabilities (not very good with names), and it looks like nobody is
working on enhancing this application.

How about hooking Newton Notes to Outlook Journal entries? If you do this,
then I believe you can use all of the features on MoreInfo as Well. Links
to contacts, meetings, etc.

Thanks
Ray Olson
Barclays Global Investors