NTLK Review: Covertec Holster for MP110/120/130

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 12:13:36 EST

I got a Covertec holster for my MP130 for Xmas, and all I can say is...WOW!
It's perfect for carrying my Newt around during the day. It is an
open-topped holster with a swivel belt clip. The Newt goes in upside-down
and is held in by an elastic band/clip combo. The clip releases with a
simple push, so removing the Newt is not a problem.

The best part, though, is the belt clip. It slides on the belt (so you have
to remove your belt to remove the clip), but that's OK because the holster
itself releases from the belt clip by simply pressing two buttons. It is
VERY secure when attached, and swivels easily. From what I am told, this
belt clip device was originally designed for the French Army, and it was
used in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace to hold Obi-Wan's saber on.

There is also a "surprise" storage device for 2 PCMCIA cards (although the
foam cutouts for the cards are a little small, nothing an X-acto knife can't
fix) that slides in behind the Newt. The only drawback is the amount of
storage...none. Those 2 PC-cards are it.

A very good case for everyday use, though. I would seriously suggest to
anyone with a 1x0 form-factor Newt to pick one of these babies up. I got
mine for about $50 CDN from Widget Canada (a division of Widget Software;
http://www.widget.co.uk ). You can also get an idea of what the belt clip
looks like at http://www.covertec.com

Sorry 'bout the length of the post.

Leland Jory

"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com