NTLK Re: Best browser?

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 06:16:18 EST

>Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 20:34:42 GMT
>From: "Drew Loker" <lokerd@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: NTLK 56k modem string? Best browser? SimpleMail?

>>>3. Is Newts Cape better than the last version of NetHopper
>
>>I was one of those that was reluctant to switch from Net Hopper/ >WebXpress
>>even after giving Lunasuite and Newtscape a test run
>>...Newts cape and is now totally satisfied and at home
>
>I will give it a try. I noticed it is smaller than NetHopper, that sure is a
>plus. Does it take up less Heap also?

heap usage in Newt's Cape varies a lot. (best if a lot is available to
begin with).
more heap is used if you've got an open NIE connection and an existing
(large) document open (in a temporary book). if you save a doc directly to
a Newton package, you can process a larger web page this way, and the final
result takes up almost no heap at all. I don't know how it compares to
NetHopper.

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com