Re: NTLK NewtonScript Programming Books?

From: Jeff Mitchell (skeezix@skeleton.org)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 12:20:53 EST

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Bill Davis wrote:

> [mailto:laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com] wrote:
>
> >I've been looking for more than one hour now for the pdf version of the
> >"Newton 2.0 Programming Guide" and the "Newton 2.0 Programming
> >Reference", but found nothing so far.
> >
> >Anybody knows where I can find these documents? I've looked in the ftp
> >section of Info-Newt, but there was only one directory called "Remotes"
> >and when I clicked on it, I've got an error saying that the directory
> >was missing.
> >
> >Anybody???
>
> Can you give me the URL for the directory you got the error in? If you
> meant "TV Remotes", that opens fine for me in MSIE 4.5.1. Were you using
> DNUG's Info-Newt ftp archive or ftp.info-newt.com? They are different,
> unfortunately, since I haven't had time to coordinate them.
>
> I've got only one of Apple's Newton programming PDF files on the site at
> present (location is temporary):
>
> ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Contributions/Development/NewtonScriptProgramLangua
> ge.pdf

        Apple's ftp site. See ftp.apple.com and poke around. I found them
all last night, for someone. NPG, NPREF, UIGUIDE, etc. Apple, Unsupported,
North American English, something like that. Definitely there.

                Jeff

-- Peter Jurasik as Crom, _Tron_

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com