NTLK MP1x0 battery pack repairs

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 00:36:34 EST

I have received an MP130 today with a dead battery pack. After
playing with the pack a bit, I found out, how it all holds together -
so I took it apart :)
I landed up with 4 NiCad batteries and 2 pieces of metal with sticky
stuff on the inner side. Then I took 4 good, new NiCads and arranged
them on top of the bottom metal piece just like the dead ones were
and, after they stuck there nicely, put the top piece back as well.
The whole thing seems to work in the newt, as the charing station
shows an orange led which, after a while turns green.
does anybody know if the original NiCads are also 1.2V cells or are
they any different to the normal over-the-counter ones? Am I going to
damage/break anything in the long run?

Best regards,
Chris
Chris Ruprecht * chrup@earthlink.net