Re: NTLK Printing to a LaserJet 5

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 11:53:17 EST

> Hi,
> I need some help setting up an MP2100 and an HP LaserJet 5 for printing
> over ethernet, if possible. I used to have access to a 5si and it worked
> fine, with the exception of using the wrong paper tray. Anyway, what do I
> need to do on each side to get these two to talk to one another. The
> LaserJet has a Jet Direct card installed and is on an ethernet network. I
> have access to the HP JetAdmin software and obviously the printer. When I
> connect the newton to the network and say use ethernet for appletalk, it
> doesn't see the printer. Am I missing a package with HP drivers? Any
help
> is greatly appreciated.

Have you checked in JetAdmin to see if AppleTalk is enabled on the JetDirect
card on the LJ5? That might be your problem right there as the network admin
may have disabled AppleTalk when s/he put the printer on the network.

HTH

Leland Jory

"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com