Re: NTLK ethernet (im)possibilities

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 12:24:25 EST

Steve Vander Ark wrote:

> Okay, my ethernet card works perfectly, I can access the web and my email
> just fine...now is there any way for my Newton to send things to my network
> printers? Or would I need a Novell client for Newton (fat chance that will
> ever happen)...

I guess it depends on the printer. We have Novell here at work, with print
servers for all printers. However, some printers have multiple 'personalities',
like the HP LaserJet 5si, so that it also announces itself as being a
LaserWriter on Ethernet. You can just pick it up in the NetChooser on your MP
and print.

Now, not knowing what printer you're talking about, and not knowing if your IT
people leave this multiple personalities feature enabled or disabled, it's hard
to tell if you can or not.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com