Re: NTLK Newton 2100 Battery

From: MYQ Y. Q. LARSON (MYQ@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 21:44:33 EST

>The best strategy I have come up with is to buy a brick of 40 AA batteries
>for $12.99 (no brand) this usually lasts me 6 months. It seems a terrible
>waste on the environment, but it is economical. I have also called my local
>government and found that there is a toxic waste disposal program for old
>batteries. I buy 40 batteries every 6 months, and dump off a bucket of
>batteries once a year. It's economically and environmentally responsible.

You're kidding right? It's more economical to drive your car over to the store
every 6 months for a load of batteries instead of buying one NiMH rechargable
pack which lasts for years at about $30? Most alkalines still contain small
amounts of heavy metals (unless you buy the ones specifically marked as having
none) in addition to all the additional materials that goes into assembling,
marketing, packaging, and shipping them.

myq

-- Myq Larson / Stable Isotope Analysis \ myq@cc.usu.edu
   .'.'.'.'.' \ Utah State University / 435.713.4245 (h)
   Knowledge / 5305 Old Main Hill \ 435.797.0060 (w)
   Liberates \ Logan UT 84322-5305 / 435.797.1575 (f)

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com