NTLK Freeze app allowing backup?

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen@cowboy.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 09:59:39 EST

I recall ages ago seening a blurb for some package that would freeze
packages (apps) but allow them to still be backed up by NCU, and maybe
retain their folder location in extras as well.

I have my MP!20/2.0 and 2 cards loaded w/ stuff now, and previously I was
able to thaw all the packages and still backup; I can't do that now
without running out of heap.

I spent some time yesterday looking at the big boys web sites but didn't
see such a statement in any readme.

Am I remembering something that was around for 1.x NOS? Or does NCU
without any help backup frozen apps, and I've been wasting a lot of time
overthe last year, thawing things :) ?

I don't want to test by doing a full backup/wipe/restore since I've got a
nice working Newt already, and don't want to risk losing anything. I've
actually never had to rely on one of my backups....

Thanks for info!

Brian

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com