Re: NTLK Palm compatible engine... Yikes!!!

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 01:22:19 EST

On 1/11/2000 11:06 PM, Drew Loker [mailto:lokerd@hotmail.com] wrote:

>Man, I never thought I would write something like this. But my company just
>pulled a fast one (last week). If it weren't for my company software, I
>would still be using a Mac, gleefully! They forced me into buying my first
>PC, and I was a devout Mac user, believe me. I went from 3 Macs and a long
>history of Macs to 2 Macs, one PC, to 3 PCs and no Macs!! Boo Hoo!
>
>Now, they just released a "QuickQuote" package for the Palm to use out in
>the field. There is NO way I am going to buy a Palm just to be able to do a
>quote!!

Sorry, I'm afraid you probably ARE going to. There is no way to run Palm
software on a Newton.

>After all, I do have one of the smallest laptops on the market (Sony
>505), that I bought specifically because my first PC Laptop was like a
>cinder block, and I wouldn't carry it with me. THe Sony is not much bigger
>than my Newton, sort of. So, it is not critical, but I was sure impressed
>with the software, although the Palm sucked, particulary having to write in
>that pathetic little box

There IS a way to run Palm software on a PC or Mac, through their
emulator (used for program debugging by software developers), but it
requires you to buy a Palm in order to download the ROMs. So why not
just use the Palm in that case! ;-)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com