Re: NTLK MiniDisc Titiling Software

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 21:45:49 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, NewtonOz wrote:

> Your eM@il from maj@gene.com on 1/1/00 8:16 PM said this:
>
> >Hello...
> >Anyone seen software that could be configured to control a MiniDisc
> >recorder for titiling purposes? I have a Sony deck and would love to use
> >the Newt for titiling the tracks..
> >
> >Mark Jeffries
>
> Oooh! Tell me about it!
>
> Titling with the dial or the remote can be a nerve wracker!
>
> There's a Mac/USB one out there, but not a Newton one that I know of.
> Anyone else?

Is there any protocol information available? A quick look at
www.minidisc.org pulled up some quick protocol info and links to PC
programs. TitleMD seems to be for Sony decks, and the source is available
(albeit in Pascal). Looks like the codes have been nicely translated into
binary already, which in theory means that it should be easy to translate
these codes to an NSBasic app. Hrmm... too bad I don't own a MiniDisc
deck (although a friend of mine does own a SONY MDS-JB920)

Oh, here's the link:

http://www.czechin.com/minidisc/titlemd.htm

The protocols seem to be well-documented. The program is feasible,
however there is the lack of programmers available to do the job (funny
how that's been the topic of recent posts...)

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com