NTLK Upgrade path for our Newtons! (Was Bring Back Newton)

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 01:40:29 EST

I have learned a lot from you guys (do we have any female Newton users on
the list here? My wife had one, but I sold it because she wasn't using it
enough!) about why the Newton got dropped. There were some things I didn't
realize.

My current plan is to snail mail Steve a personal with a request to provide
us with an upgrade path to any future PDA offered by Apple. I am going to
basically ask this on the idea that he canned our livelihoods when he canned
a piece of equipment we were using so frevently, and depended on so much.

I am also going to tell him he was wrong for dropping the Newtons with so
little warning and with no additional support or development. I am going to
tell him that at the very least, he owes us an easy upgrade to whatever he
is planning. I am also going to tell him that he should reopen the
development of a final upgrade to the Newton OS to address some of the
serious issues we have been faced to deal with in regards to the syncing
issue, etc.

I don't imagine that this will help, but it is the least I can do. I agree
with many of the comments on this list that all the Web pages in the world
aren't going to bring back the Newton. I never intended to create such a
stir. I do think Steve needs to know that he messed us up, and he owes us!

Drew

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com