Re: NTLK Not Bringing Back the Newton

From: Adamson@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 11:17:09 EST

In a message dated 1/16/00 2:17:54 AM, kensong@pc.jaring.my writes:

<< Newton is obsolete.>>

It has always been my belief, especially where technology is concerned, that
something is obsolete only when it doesn’t do what you want it to do. Older
machines like, oh I don’t know, lets say a Mac Classic, is still a pretty
darn good word processor. If that’s all some one wanted to use it for, then
it is not obsolete.

Yes, there are a lot of things we want the Newton to do that it can’t. If
you are one of those people you have a point. For me, the Newton still has
capabilities I have yet to understand, much less master. So it is still
leading edge technology for me.

I wish this list could get past this discussion. The continued redundancy of
these threads, I fear, is chasing some good people away. I seem to be
reading more bellyaching than helpful suggestions these days.

Please, we are all disappointed, it is a waste of bandwidth to continue these
discussions. If any of you think that you can influence Apple either to
reinstate the Newton or produce any new product, or include features, new or
old, I have some vacation land in Iran for sale.

Bob Adamson

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com