Re: NTLK Simple Mail vs. Enroute?

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 21:56:16 EST

At 07:20 PM 1/17/00 +0000, Sam Powell wrote:
>These are all good points, but I feel that the cne thirg letting
>SimpleMail down is it S lack of filtering (or have I missed Something?),
>I find that-Eudora Pro for the Newt is very good: its Free, being
>upgraded, has one package and has filtering + a nice little icon on the
>bar at the bottom of the screen (what is that little bar called ?) Try it
>at www.eudora.com.

I was using Eudora but switched to SimpleMail for its smaller footprint.

Eudora's OK but it's a discontinued package (it is *not* being updated
anymore; 1.1 aka "lite" is the final version), doesn't handle HTML-based
mail too well and doesn't handle attachments at all.

Simon Bell is updating SM to version 4.0, which adds filtering along with a
whack of other enhancements (a beta's available if you care to try).

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
Are you a "Have"?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com