NTLK Dirt UNDER the screen?

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:34:47 EST

I have a strange situation. I appear to have some foreign material UNDER the
screen on my newt. I'll try to explain what I mean.

A couple of days ago, I noticed what appeared to be a small crack in the
screen (about 25mm in length). Cursing madly, I considered whether or not it
was worth the $$ to get the screen replaced. I decided to sleep on it, and
the next day, much to my surprise, the "crack" moved from near one edge of
the screen to roughly the centre. At this point, I realized that it is not a
crack or a scratch but, seemingly, something under the top layer of the
display, but above the liquid crystal.

Anybody seen this before? Is it possibly a flaw in the LCD. The newt appears
to be working fine otherwise. Strange...

Leland Jory
"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com