NTLK ANNOUNCE Astronauts2 book available

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer@nsf.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 10:51:34 EST

I have updated my Astronaut chronology/timeline Newton book to include the
correct dates for STS-103, and I have interleaved all Soviet/Russian manned
mission dates & names.

Thanks to Bill Davis, the pkg, zip, and sit.hqx files are available at
ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Contributions under the filename Astronauts2. The
pkg is 310K in size.

I produced this package on the Mac version of Newton Press, and have found
that v2.0 has lost all special characters, anything in Simple font, and
most of the quote marks, as well as dual-page display capability for
landscape mode. Something to fix for v.2.1 after STS-99 lands in
mid-February. The PC Newton Press version of this book gave some very
strange "slot entry too short" errors which precluded certain pages from
being displayed - perhaps the fact that PC NewtonPress sets the year as 100
instead of 2000?

If you like it, or have suggestions/corrections, send me e-mail. If you
really like it, send me $5. Not required, it's not locked (but I will send
you each new version directly).

TIA,

Paul

about us at some time. Find out why at: