Re: NTLK 130's vs Pilots

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 03:09:31 EST

On 1/20/2000 12:53 AM, kevinbishop@home.com
[mailto:kevinbishop@home.com] wrote:

>Just joined the list and thought this would be an appropriate topic
>to jump in on....

Welcome!

>I was a Newton owner since the OMP... Upgraded it to a 100,
>eventually sold it and got a 120... Decided I *had* to have
>backlighting, so sold the 120 and bought a 130...

Sounds like me, although I then proceeded to the 2000, 2000Upgrade, then
2100.

>When Apple got rid of Newton, I got rid of the 130... Figured it was
>time to use a Pilot, since everyone I knew had one and raved about
>em...

I did just the opposite; I bought a spare 2100 when they cancelled the
Newton. I did about six months ago buy a Palm IIIx to learn about though
-- and I don't like it much.

>Been using a Pilot since, and have bitched about it every time I use
>it... I hate Graffiti, hate the small screen, and hate that it isn't
>anywhere close in functionality to a MessagePad!

I agree completely. Especially about Grafitti.

>So, when a friend called up the other week and was asking for advice
>on which Pilot to buy, I ended up selling him mine and buying a
>2100...

Smart man! Welcome back. A doctor friend of mine recently did something
similar. We're seeing a lot of new Newton owners here, too!

>Outdated/obsolete/ or whatever - a Newton does what I want and I have
>no intention of following "trends" again as long as it works...

There you go! But then, I'm a Mac user too...I've never followed
"trends". ;-)

Welcome back to the Newton and to this list!

  - Bill Davis

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com