NTLK Formating mem cards

From: Christopher Browne (irie@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 00:53:20 EST

------------------
> My friend recently corrupted her card while downloading with
enRoute.

  However, this proceedure still manages to freeze her
>> MP when the corrupted card is inserted (the MP freezes any time the card
is
>> inserted). Any ideas? Thanks.
>
>Did she try the trick where you open the preferences before inserting the
card? She
>should be presented with a dialog asking her if she really wants to format
the
>card.
>
>AFAIK, that's the only solution, sorry for her...
------------------
I corrupted a card witn enRoute several months ago. All attempts to
reformat the card in my Newton failed, including the insertion of the card
while the Prefs roll was open.

It was necessary to reformat the card in another machine before it could be
used again.

Chris Browne
Auckland, New Zealand
irie@attglobal.net