Re: NTLK Filemaker files

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 03:12:57 EST

On 1/21/2000 6:57 AM, Kirk Manton [mailto:kirkmanton@fam.net] wrote:

>Robert Benschop
>
>I did not see FMPC-Claris.pkg, FMC HelpClaris.pkg or FMPC.DFClaris.pkg among
>the files on your Contributions site. Did I miss them or are they named
>something different? I also am curious, what "plug-in" is necessary to make
>it all work?
>
>Kirk

Kirk -

It's not Robert's site, it's mine (Info-Newt).

Sorry about that; I moved them last night; you got caught in the
long-delayed cleanup of the /Contributions folder (there was stuff in
there from August or later). They are now in their
"proper" place in the new Database folder:

 ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Database/

and also in the new "Recent" folder.

 ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Recent/

which will contain the last month or so of uploads. Contributions will
probably get cleaned out pretty rapidly in the future. There's still a
few items in there I didn't have time to look at so I could classify
them, but those will probably get filed within a week or so.

You do realize that these files are incomplete, don't you? If you really
want a FileMaker to Newton solution, look into Accordion, or Leverage
from Balcones.

At one point I had a problem with having stuff like this on the site, but
I've pretty much decided not to care. If someone asks me to remove
something, I will. And I won't post a live copy of any currently
sold/supported product (other than shareware, of course, minus the serial
number), but old, unsupported or discontinued stuff (or items of
"historical" interest, in this case) I'll live with.

 - Bill Davis

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com