Re: NTLK NTLK- (again but not same) - memory

From: Ivan Shaw (ishaw@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 08:40:47 EST

At 07:30 AM 1/24/00 -0600, Kimberly wrote:
>I have a question about memory.
>The MP 2x00 can take up to WHAT memory size ?

People have successfully reported up to 32 MB/card. I have successfully
used two 24 MB cards.

>I put a regular PC card ( from my hubbies old clio) and my newton ignored
>it - like it did not exist.

Probably because it doesn't. Support of Linear Flash RAM only (FAQ is at
<http://www.info-newt.com/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB1>)

>Are there only certain brands that work with it or something ?

Several brands work, so long as they're either 5/5V or 5/12V Linear Flash.

>Where do I get the best price for one ?

Tima Scientific still sells new ones. Contact them at
<http://www.timasci.com>; Sackville is currently buried under 100 cm of
snow. Note that the larger sizes are getting more expensive as Flash RAM is
being diverted into the digital camera and MP3 player markets.

--
Ivan T. Shaw, PhD
Are you a "Have"?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ishaw http://www.ivanshaw.com