NTLK More Trouble To WinCE

From: Khaled M. Z. Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 16:05:21 EST

I noted a post on smaller.com (no, I'm not visiting that site any more in the future) on the WinCE P/PC discussion board that cited a Palm Reader report that Compaq is leaving the CE market. Another post responded that Compaq is considering alternative OS platform (possibly Palm) for diversification only and not as CE replacement.

I say the writing is on the wall. If CE 3.0 fails to significantly improve on CE 2.0 then will be no CE 4.0.

A Mac World article back in June 1996 stated on the debut of the Pilot that Palm is betting that the Newton is much more PDA, at a much more size, and much more cost than the need of most people. They are proven right. The Newton is no doubt a more capable computer, but the average person has no need for that much power. The Newton was mainly bought by power users who still can not find any thing better, hence the continuing strong presence of the supposedly dead Newton.

Dr. Khaled M. Tewfik,
Saudi Arabia

\\ /,
'( Newton Technology