RE: NTLK HOW? removing programs.

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 02:39:44 EST

On 1/25/2000 11:22 AM, Robert Gray [mailto:robert_gray@carleton.ca]
wrote:

>1. Johan Polman wrote:
>
>>Shouldn't be that difficult.....
>>tap so you can see the icons (probably in unfiled icons),
>>tap the dot near the scroll-arrows, the icons will dissapear and you will
>>see a list,
>>tap the little box before mahjong and tap the right envelope and choose
>>delete.
>
>This doesn't sound anything like what I see on my Newton (maybe
>because I have OS1.3 ???). The Mahjongg icon sits in the extras
>drawer. I can't seem to get to any sort of list view.

No, that's been available for the Newton since day one. To rephrase what
Johan said:

To get to the list view in the Extras drawer,

- tap the Extras picture at the bottom of the screen to open the Extras
drawer

- tap the "dot" between the arrows at the bottom of your Newton's screen.
 (That's called the "belly button" sometimes, by the way <grin>)

 ^
 * <---- tap here

(This works in many Newton programs, by the way; Names, Dates, Notepad,
etc, to get a listing of all the names, notes, dates, whatever)

- Tap in the checkbox to the left of "Mahjong" in the list so that a
checkmark appears

- tap the "envelope" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen

- From the menu that appears, pick "delete".

(this is useful for deleting several things at one; just check off
EVERYTHING you want to delete)

Or, as others have pointed out, just make the "scrub" gesture over the
Mahjon icon in the Extras drawer works too. Like drawing an M or W with
an extra leg or two: /\/\/ or \/\/\

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = Newton Community FAQ: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com